What you will need to make the awesome dish!
- 8 – 10 jumbo shrimp, in the shell (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 large jalapeno, with seeds
- 2 scallions (white and green parts)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Let’s make this happen
- Prepare an outdoor grill with a medium-high fire. Without removing the shells, slit about 3/4 of the way through the shrimp down the ridged back and devein that runs down the center.
- Rinse with lemon water (gives it that fresh taste) and pat dry shrimp. Whisk thyme leaves, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and black pepper, to taste, in a shallow bowl.
- Lay the shrimp cut side down in the lime mixture, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic, jalapeno, scallions, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to make a coarse paste. Add the cilantro ( I like allot of it, but than again that’s me) and pulse just enough to incorporate into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the opening in the shrimp and close the shrimp.
- Grill the shrimp shell side down (to keep filling from falling out) for 3 minutes. Turn to the other shell side, cover, and grill another 2 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and are slightly firm to the touch. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Bon Appetit from Chef EdieM ~ Have a Corona on me, with a side salad of mango’s and greens mix.