Let’s make this happen…
1 (20 count) package Lumpia skins
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground pork
1 cup green onion, minced
1 cup carrot, minced
1 cup celery, minced
1 egg, beaten
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Sealing: Seal wrappers with following mixture ¼ cup flour and ¼ cup water.
1) Brown beef and pork, until almost completely cooked. Drain fat. Cool and process in food processor or chop up into fine pieces with fork.
2) Combine meats, vegetables, egg, sauces, and pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 40-50 minutes for flavors to settle or better yet leave the filling in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
3) Prepare wrapper (by separating) and place on a separate plate. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of the wrapper. Note: The wrapper packages usually have instructions for rolling tips.
4) Fold left edge over all the way, then bring down top and bottom, and then roll the rest of the way to the right, making a roll, (it will look like an egg roll when done, only thinner and longer). Note: To seal use the flour and water mixture.
5) After you have assembled all the Lumpia, heat your oil to 375 degrees (deep fryer is OK, however a deep cast iron frying pan is the best) . Fry until golden brown, turning often, approximately 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6) Serve with sweet and sour sauce.